You can hardly wait until your summer get-away, yet you're somewhat apprehensive about driving all those miles with everyone crammed in the car. Amidst all the fun, there will presumably be a few battles and griping going on. With a little pre-planning, you can reduce the tension. We've got some sunny season get-away tips to help you begin your vacation. One of the keys to keeping everyone happy is to keep them occupied during the drive. That's a much simpler process these days with Game Boys, iPods and iPads. Then there are the old stand-bys like "I Spy" and "The Alphabet Game." These games have certainly kept many families entertained on long vacation excursions. A sing-along may also be a way for everyone to have a ton of fun. Here a couple of more summer vacation driving tips:
- Before you go, inspect your vehicle. Look for excessive tread wear on the tires, check the fluids, and check out belts and hoses. If your vehicle is due for an oil change, schedule the appointment for at least a week before you leave. You may even want to schedule a pre-trip inspection. We'll be able to alert you to any problems so you can have them fixed prior to leaving.
- Plan your packing so you can avoid weighing your vehicle down with unnecessary items. Not only will everyone be more comfortable, but you'll save on gas.
- Remember that children need to take travel and bathroom breaks more often than adults so try to plan those breaks into your travel schedule.
- Keep everyone happy by bringing snacks and beverages they can consume while you're driving.
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- If you'll be traveling with your dog or cat, bring their vaccination records along with any insect, tick or other prescriptions.
In addition to the fun you'll have when you remember these summer vacation driving tips, enjoy the time you're spending with your family and remember the moments with lots of photographs. Make sure your vehicle is ready for the task of a long road trip. Contact Trojan Auto Care in Troy, OH, today to schedule your pre-vacation inspection