This is an exciting time of the year. Family and friends gather together to celebrate Christmas and New Year’s. Some may be traveling across town while others may be driving long distances to get to their holiday destination. If you’ll be the one driving long distances, here are some tips you can follow to make your holiday travels safer and less stressful:
- Before you start your trip, make sure your vehicle ready for the long drive. It’s as easy as scheduling a pre-trip inspection with Trojan Auto Care. We’ll let you know if we find any problems and we can get them corrected so you can travel with a little more peace of mind.
- Be flexible with your travel plans. Traffic and weather will be your biggest contentions. Plan to leave at off-peak times to avoid major traffic. If snow or inclement weather is predicted, change your schedule.
- Stay fresh and alert while driving. If you get tired, pull into a rest area, get out of the car for some fresh air, buy something refreshing to eat or drink, and relax until you feel revived. If that doesn't work, find a place where you can spend the night.
- Watch your speed. Give yourself plenty of time so you don’t have to rush your travel. It’s also a good idea to make sure there is plenty of distance between you and the other cars. During holiday travel, when there are more people on the roads, traffic has a way of stopping suddenly. You want to make sure you have enough distance and time to react in those cases.
- Choose a designated driver. If there will be drinking at your holiday gathering, choose a designated driver who will remain alcohol-free.
Everyone at Trojan Auto Care wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!