As the summer continues to march on you may be taking time out for vacations or stay-cations. Before you know it, it will be time for the kids to go back to school. When that happens, carpooling to and from after-school activities will take up much of your time. While things are a little less hectic, you may want to consider having some maintenance performed on your vehicle. That way you'll avoid the extra hassle of having to deal with car repairs when your vehicle is used the most. Car care for parents just got easier. By following these simple tips you’ll feel more confident your car is up for the task:
- Schedule an appointment to have the oil and filter replaced. While it's in the shop, you may also want to consider replacing the fuel and air filters, adjusting the valves, having spark plugs inspected and replaced, rotating and balancing the tires, and topping off all the fluids.
- Replace any hoses and belts that are old or showing signs of excessive wear. These parts become dry and brittle over time. It's better to be proactive. If any one of these components fails while you are driving, they have the potential of causing serious engine damage.
- If you haven’t done so in the past year, have your cooling system flushed and the antifreeze replaced.
- Check the tread depth and wear on your tires. If they show signs of excessive wear, have them replaced.
- This time of year, visibility becomes more of a challenge. Change the wiper blades, check the lights and repair any cracks or dings in the windshield (or have it replaced).
Trojan Auto Care in Troy, Ohio, can handle any auto repair or maintenance issue for you. To schedule an appointment for your vehicle, call us at 973-335-CARS (2277) or click here to schedule an appointment on-line